When you fall in love with a farmer, there is no doubt you will wish to spend the rest of your life with him. A strong, honest, hardworking, sexy man is not easy to find, and once you get one, you never want to let him go. If you’re thinking about marrying a farmer, here are 15 facts you should be prepared for:
1. In case you weren’t so good with directions by now, prepare to become an expert. You will know all about directions, landmarks, yards, and where most of the people you know live. When your beloved hubby tells you he’s on the east corner of the field that’s located southwest from a certain farm, you are going to have to know how to find him.
2. Farm talk will become a huge part of your life, and possibly a part of all major conversations. You will talk about the farm during breakfast, lunch and dinner. You will learn everything there is to know about any possible farm related topic.
3. During planting and harvest, you are going to have your date nights right beside your husband in a tractor or combine. Checking crops is going to become something the two of you do very often for date nights (except in winter). If you want to spend time with your husband in the evenings, this is where you will find him.
4. Random things rolling around your dryer are inevitable, especially if your farmer deals with live stock. Seeds, grass, all kinds of plants will hop onto your husband’s clothes all the time.
5. If you thought you were going to have dinner each day at the same time, think again. A farmer’s life is very unpredictable. Today, he might be home at 6 p.m., but tomorrow you might not see him until midnight. Things break, fences get destroyed, animals need help sometimes.
6. When it comes to events, such as weddings, dinners, banquets, etc. – you will never know if you will be available, especially during planting, spraying or harvest.
7. You will become very relaxed, less tensed and really good at learning how to go with the flow. A life on a farm is unpredictable and there’s nothing you can do about it. It’s just the way it is. You can either stress over ruined scheduled dates, or you can accept this as a way of life. Most farmers’ wives go for the second option. Your life won’t be ruined ‘because you’ve missed a few dinners. You have a loving husband who loves you, brings food on your table and takes care of you, and you will be totally ok with it. Everything else is just trivial and not worth stressing over.
8. You will become incredibly in love with nature. You will learn to appreciate it in ways you’d never thought possible. Living on a farm and getting to know something new about it each day is priceless. You will understand just how perfect Mother Nature is, and you will appreciate how it makes things grow, and how it revitalizes itself.
Marrying a farmer can be a woman’s dream come true. If you appreciate the true values of life, you will enjoy every second you spend on the farm. You will never get bored, and you will learn to be a “half glass full” person.